Sunday, April 27, 2014

106. She Is


She doesn't need to spend $20 on cream at Walgreens just retain radiant skin.
She is well traveled, least in body. She was supported by her parents.
She has this femininity thing down like she never had to search for it. She has this sweetness thing down like life never tried to take it away.

She moves quietly. She doesn't drink down her bad choices. She doesn't talk about sex like her body retains virginity after each encounter if she has them.

She is the exact opposite of me.

I am like the lovely frock that is prone to wrinkles.

I am like the cigarettes I never smoked sometimes.

But I can still look in the mirror and see pretty,

thriving, jostled but focused-

I can see her and know that sometimes she can be too much, especially to herself but at the end of the day

She is

enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment