Tuesday, April 22, 2014

87. Kyle (One Line)

Sometimes all you get is one line.

I could be friends with someone for decades, and have only one sentence of reference that sticks out more than the others. It could be a sad or happy line, and by no means sum up what my interaction with that human was like. Either way, by means of catching up, I am going to fill the next few posts with "one lines."

When I woke up he was going at me with his forearm pinned at my neck. His sorry at the time was that he didn't know I had fallen asleep. There is more to that part, but I'll spare the details. As I am trying to reason with the reality, I feel my horizon shift, and the vodka my 20 year old body had been consuming all night urging to get out.

I crawl to the bathroom, naked as he left me.

My stomach lets it out into his toilet and he doesn't hold my hair. He instead smokes a cigarette, his red pudgy body leaning smoothly in the doorway.

He takes a drag as I look up. Corner of my mouth crusted. Kyle smiles down at me and says,

"You look sexy like that."

No comments:

Post a Comment