Wednesday, April 30, 2014

107. Brother

"You would walk all over a dude like that." My brother said, slurping his Dunkin Donuts coffee.

Milk only, just like how mom used to drink it.

"I wouldn't mean to!" I argue.

"I know, Sweetheart." he said, "But look at the men that brought you up."

James had a point. I was raised by a long line of alpha dogs with calloused hands. I am of men with a firm stature, broad shoulders, white color minds but blue collar attitude. Because of them I appreciate stoicism, but am a vessel for sensitivity.

I'm over how weird it is that I need to be with a man like that, but I do regardless. Like anything good in this world, they are hard to come by. I'm not too sure a man like that would be into a woman like me.

Regardless, I am too content with my singularity to sacrifice my freedom for someone that is just "okay." I want it to be of a mutual, "No one else will do."

It makes me feel like I'm lacking, in a variety of different ways. Yet in the moments it gets to be too much, that's what my big brother is for.

"You're a diamond, Jess. Never forget that."

No comments:

Post a Comment