Sunday, April 6, 2014

84. Gus and Gaba

The weekend Gus and I ended, my roommate gave me a dose of Gaba. I knew the drill. For slow affect take it with water, for immediate relief, shotgun a beer-any beer will do.

I knew it was either going to end or not progress that night. Things between us were ok but not enough-least not for what I was looking for. He was fine within himself, but I was spending way too much time with him given how casual things always seemed to stay.

When my intuition was confirmed, I felt uneasy, but not enough to take the Gaba. Given all the crazy that's happened since, it's still there.

I think I'm saving it for a total fall out. I recently confessed to Abby that my biggest heartache would be my dad dying and I could deal with just about everything else. In the past three years I have gone through most of the heinous growth hazards that life could throw at a person in a first world country.

But I love the Gaba sitting in the secret compartment of my purse in case I need it. Most of all, I love that Gus didn't cause me to use it.


No comments:

Post a Comment