Thursday, February 13, 2014

35. Jim

I'm talking with a customer about how overrated we both think Jay Cuttler is though I hardly watch football. He gets into the Bears' line of defense where I admit I'm not to well educated on the team outside of the quarterback. I'm bracing myself for a "female sports fan" comment.

"What's your game?" he asks.

"Hockey." I reply.

"How do you feel about the Blackhawks?"

"I try to avoid them. I'm from New England. It wouldn't hurt so much if I wasn't reminded every time I wear my gear."

"I'll spare you the heckling. Your boys look solid this year."

"Damn right they do, helps that half the team isn't injured anymore."

We continue the conversation. He originally called to place a complaint.

"Well, Jessica" he said, "I get the feeling that most men would be intimidated by your sports knowledge."

"I would hope that's not all it takes for me to intimidate someone. That'd be far too easy." I reply.

"Touche!"

Touche indeed, sir.

No comments:

Post a Comment