Thursday, January 16, 2014

7. Kate

I met Kate through Twitter, randomly on accident, her being friends with a guy I used to date. In an odd turn of events, through favorited tweets and confessions over GChat, she's become almost a better friend than the guy even still is.

I try to hold fast to this belief that if you're open to the possibilities, the universe gives you what you need. Kate and I were both in massive transitions when we began talking. In a time when we both needed someone to be sincere and honest, that's what we found in each other. It was slow at first, with many conversations starting with an, "Is it weird if I feel this way.." Quickly it grew to bouncing ideas off each other rapid fire, and critiques of each other's writing. I've found that while we're completely different people, we are both deeply and openly emotional, a trait that connects us despite our differences.

You know that feeling you get where you're overwhelmed to the point where you think you're going completely crazy and you don't know what to do? You get it, and likewise, I got you.

No comments:

Post a Comment