Saturday, January 11, 2014

2. Cherie

 "I'll have a tall order of the wine. Make that two!" She'll say cheerfully through a wide brimmed smile.

I met Cherie when we both worked for a private jet brokerage and she quickly became my "work mom."

She never had kids of her own simply because she did not want them, and ended several relationships as a result. I find it rare when you meet someone as sweet as they are firm with their beliefs. She didn't lack nurture however. She's always been surrounded by a gaggle of dogs she calls her babies, and has fostered many lost youngins like myself along the way.

To me she is proof that even after an influx of men, financial challenges, moves, deaths, you name it- you can still be happy.

Find your thing and go for it. Hers is her pets, mine is my writing.

She helped me feel human during the death of my mother, and simplified my early twenties crazy.

"So this is normal?" I asked her over break room coffee one day.

"It is and you are certainly not alone. You are never alone in this world, even when it feels like you are, unless you want to be."

No comments:

Post a Comment